Sunday, February 6, 2011

Marcus Mojo E Samuel O'toole

aysenino forced to spend eight hours in jail for alleged death threat to journalist

  • María Irene Soto called police to report Diego Vera, who has declared that the exchange of opinions at any time involving threats, insults or violent action.
  • The young student of fifth year of Ecotourism at the University Andrés Bello, who spends holidays in Coyhaique with his family, was released just after midnight.

Eight hours in a cell must pass a young aysenino as a result of an exchange of views with the HidroAysén communications manager, Mary Irene Soto, on the stand that the company installed at the Expo Patagonia Coyhaique.

was Thursday when fifth-year student coyhaiquino Ecotourism Andrés Bello University of Viña del Mar, Diego Vera, came up with teammate Fernando Pavez the information that power dome installed on the premises. Once in place they were approached by professional company, who identified them as members of Patagonia without dams, to which they responded that they were actually college students who wanted to know what kind of records were delivered on site.

"When we were saying goodbye I said" better to let the discussion here, because for me the dams are not going and not going to do in the region, 'and she said' unfortunately going to have to live with that because dams van ', and it said' lady watch what he is talking because now it comes with everything 'and in that call and said goodbye. After police arrived at 5 minutes and I said 'you are arrested for death threat' "recounted the young. The result, to be held from 16:00 am to midnight at a police station with the only evidence the testimony of journalist Soto.

"I felt super bad, starting because I had never been in jail, never been in a dungeon, and I felt vulnerable because I am a student, like many of the Aysen region, a Patagonian that out as it costs out. And love my country, to have another point of view, they are created and become powerful and can do what they want, for silver for power, "he complained.

thing that Diego was upset that "the end all this came to nothing, but I just had to suck 8 hours in a dungeon unhealthy, dying of cold, inhuman conditions and that yes I felt bad" . Meanwhile

Fernando Pavez recalled that "broke the vibe of the lady to Diego when he asked 'are you from the region?" and she said 'no, I'm from Valdivia' and he replied 'then do not understand what I'm sayin', and after that they finished their discussion. " In this regard stated that "at no time were threats or threatening gestures, or voice louder than he had it, or at any time mentioned the word death."

Speaking to Radio Santa María, María Irene Soto said that "when one is threatened, one is hit, afraid and that's natural. The young man told me he had been a violent theme, that things would change and I said if I was threatening and I said yes. And I said if I was threatening to kill and I said yes, here things will change, then the truth I felt very uncomfortable and police being there in the expo made the complaint. " Paradoxically

Diego had asked permission three days in his job at a tour operator in Puerto Bertrand to work at the booth of the company's kayak "Water and Ice" at the Expo Patagonia, of which two were spent traveling and a detained in a cell by a dispute with an officer HidroAysén.


Photo: Courtesy www.vientopatagon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment